2015 // Happy New Year

01 January 2015


Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin'....The posts about New Years Eve celebrations and New Years resolutions are everywhere. It is always fun to see how friends and family brought in the new year. Most years I am celebrating with family and some years I have been with friends. This year I spent the evening curled up in a blanket watching movies in my apartment. I didn't watch the ball drop. I didn't blow into a noise maker or clap like crazy with twenty other people. I didn't have someone special curled up next to me. 

This year I brought in the new year by thinking about what's to come. I pondered what the rest of my college experience looks like. I searched all over for possible ideas for a job to pick up this summer. I looked at various missions and ministry opportunities both domestic and international. 

I spent New Years Eve questioning whether I am supposed to be somewhere else or if I am supposed to be here but in a different capacity. I brought in the new year feeling lost, feeling like I don't belong here at this university anymore. Feeling like I don't belong in this place anymore. I don't know if this is a God thing or simply me not feeling content with where my life is at the moment.

I don't know why my thoughts were in this area, but I do know that I need to really spend some time in the next week or so before classes start determining where I am supposed to be next. Maybe I need to open a new chapter. I have no idea. I just know that I am blessed to be where I am.

2014 was full of new people, new adventures, new memories...It was a full year. It was a year full of blessings I would have never imagined. It was a year that opened doors and a year that closed doors. It was a year of discovery, of myself, others, the world, and God. It has put me in all kinds of situations, some of which I am still working through as we start this new year. This past year was full of hellos and goodbyes, laughter and tears, successes and failures. This past year was a blessing. 

Here is to a new year that will be full of all those things and so much more.
May 2015 bring you many adventures and blessings!!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric