Church In The Park

26 May 2013

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!

The weather today, while cloudy & overcast, was absolutely gorgeous!
I was blessed to be able to spend the morning having church outside at the State Park.
It was a wonderful day to have church outside at the park.

From left: Mike, Nate, Malik, & Andy
The guys put together an awesome acoustic set for this morning.
They played some of my favorite worship songs this morning which just made it that much better.
Only a few songs were played/sung, but it was perfect.
Chad then preached a short sermon/message.

Kallie bug listening to Pastor Chad.
After the message we had a cookout.
Hotdogs & hamburgers, chips, cookies, and an assortment of other food brought by various people.

Cooking up the burgers & dogs
 Some of us adults walked a handful of the kids down the river.
One family brought their dog and he was enjoying the cool water in the river.
A prayer was said and lunch was eaten.
It was a great time of fellowship with the church family.

After lunch one of the girls from youth group, Erin, wanted to go on the trail, so Andy and I hopped on bikes and went with her.
It was a lot of fun.
Lots of silly moments followed by laughs and silly comments.
It was definitely a good time.
When we got back we said goodbye to Erin, her sister Emily, & Emily's boyfriend Andrew.
We then started to pack things up & we headed to Pastor Chad's house.
We hung out for a bit and then had dinner at Aurelio's.

Now i'm relaxing and watching some movies by myself.
All in all it was a great day with an awesome church family!
I am so blessed to be a part of such an awesome church & to get to share these moments with them.
It was a great way to spend the Memorial Day Weekend.
Tomorrow there will be some more festivities.
Looking forward to spending the day & evening with everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful & relaxing Memorial Day Weekend so far!!
God bless!


**Pictures taken by Rachel Ozee.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Shelbi-
    I just wanted to say thank you SO much for commenting on my blog the other night when I was upset about not finding a roommate. Your comment truly encouraged me in waiting on the Lord and I was so appreciative to know that you were praying for me. It was crazy-literally the NEXT day after church God answered my prayer and I found the perfect person to live with! I am thankful that God has blessed me with amazingly encouraging blogger friends such as you!

    Hope you had an awesome weekend!
    xo

    Jess at http://foreverconvinced.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome that you were able to find a roommate!! God works in amazing ways!! I am glad that things worked out so well! I hope you have had a wonderful week and that you have a great weekend!!

      **Sorry about just getting this set up as a reply. I was having some issues getting the comment section working right!

      Delete
  2. Hi Shelbi!

    Thanks for commenting the other day on the blog hop sweet lady! I'm so pleased you decided to join in. I've loved being part of it. I keep finding more blogs that I adore. I can't wait to get to know you a little more. Have a blessed day girl :)

    Francesca xoxo

    ps. these photos have made me seriously hungry!! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!! I have found so many blogs that I absolutely love and look forward to finding more! I love getting to know everyone! :) I hope you have had a great week and have an awesome weekend!!

      **Sorry about just getting the reply to you now! I posted a comment but was having an issue getting the reply feature working!

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric