Butterfinger Apple Nachos

19 July 2014

So a couple weeks ago my good friend Alaina and I decided that we wanted to go up to Chicago to see a movie in Millennium Park on a Tuesday. Last Tuesday was the day that we thought would work, but unfortunately our work schedules didn't allow us the time to do that. Instead we decided to do dinner, dessert and a movie at Alaina's apartment. I was doing dessert but couldn't decided on what to do. I scrolled through Pinterest in hopes of some sort of inspiration of an amazing but easy dessert. I came across a couple options, but one stood out to me. Butterfinger Apple Nachos. A somewhat healthy dessert. 



I easily became tempted by the fact that not only do I love apples, but the fact that they had caramel, marshmallows, white chocolate chips and Butterfingers on them. Sounded wonderful to me! So I made my decision. My dilemma was that I was at the office on Tuesday afternoon and only had a microwave at my disposal to make it. So off to Kroger I went for supplies. One of those being a glass liquid measuring cup. I was going to use to the microwave to melt the marshmallows. Not sure how it would turn out but willing to try, I bought my ingredients and headed back to the office.

Forgive me for not taking pictures while I was making it, but I was in a hurry. I had 45 minutes to cut everything and figure out the microwave to melt the marshmallows. Here's the ingredients and about how much I used.



Butterfinger Apple Nachos
3-4 large Granny Smith Apples
1/4 bag Mini Marshmallows (1lb bag)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 jar Kroger caramel sauce
(OR 1/2 bag caramels & 1 TBS water)
1/4 bag White Chocolate Chips
5 Fun Size Butterfingers

I altered a recipe I found on Pinterest a little bit since I was making it for a smaller group and didn't need as large a serving. To start with I cut up my apples and placed them in my disposable foil pan. You can use a platter or plate or whatever you wish. I placed them so they would all be covered with the toppings. I then put the marshmallows and butter into my glass measuring cup and melted them in the microwave. I started with 30 seconds and then did 10 second increments until they were done. I then drizzled my melted marshmallow over the apples. I think I may use more next time. I then warmed up my caramel sauce in the microwave and drizzled it on. You can use the individually wrapped caramels. You would melt them in the same fashion as the marshmallows but using water instead of butter. I then sprinkled on the white chocolate chips. Then I cut up the butterfingers into pieces and sprinkled them on top.

I think they came out great and for it being the first time I made them they were a hit. Even Alaina's roommates who got back from Colorado while I was there tried them and said they were amazing. I am excited to try them again in the fall when all of my friends are back in town. They were so yummy!! I could have ate the whole pan by myself! I hope you enjoy the recipe! Tweak it to fit you and your needs. Let me know what you think!

God Bless!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric